On Friday night I watched the Cavs-Hawks game at Pop’s, ate a really good burger at the Big Rec (now softly open at 3066 24th Street), saw Cocktails open for Wild Nothing at the Chapel, did a quick Jaeger shot at Doc’s Clock, danced like an animal during Lustmord’s set at the Gray Area Festival, ate two bacon-wrapped hot dogs, danced a little more at Baobab, ate birthday cake at my cousin’s house, ate another bacon-wrapped hot dog and then went home.
Along the way I ran into a bunch of people, one after another:
- Lauryn McCarthy, formerly of the Bold Italic (defunct website)
- Jess Stuenkel, of Tuff Signals (garage rock on the radio)
- Sean Rawls, of Still Flyin’ (legendary SF band)
- Bel Poblador, formerly of CNN (media conglomerate)
- Melissa Gordon, of Prima Bike Maintenance (greasin’ up yr chain)
- Pro Fan Marisa, of Professional Fans (music lovers)
- Chad Salty, of Salty Artist Management (music lovers)
- Josh Farrell, formerly of Mollusk Surf Shop (surf shop)
- Rob Queenin, formerly of Thieves Tavern (tavern)
- Omar Mamoon, of Dough & Co (yummm cookies)
- Jono Brandel, of Patatap (best thing ever)
It was pretty fun. It reminded me of the San Francisco of 2010 that David Enos wrote about so poetically.