Drink of the week: the Gold Spike

In light of an unsubstantiated rumor that Molly Ringwald’s favorite local restaurant is Range, it’s time we noted that Valencia’s only Michelin star (true?) has been consistently making great and varied cocktails since long before you moved here from Santa Rosa and started bitching about how yuppies are ruining the neighborhood. The Gold Spike is my current favorite, which combines a good amount of tequila, several dashes of bitters (housemade, of course,) and Cynar, Italy’s premier artichoke liqueur. I usually try to sneak in between 6 and 7 and get one of the ten or so seats at the bar before the dinner crowd floods in.

Drink of the week is brought to you by Poachedjobs.com.

11 Responses to “Drink of the week: the Gold Spike”

1. Bilbo says:

Who moves here from Santa Rosa?

2. Bleeze says:

Range does not currently hold a Michelin Star. They lost it in 2011.

3. Edmundo says:

I would rather move here from Santa Rosa than some place like Fremont! Not to mention Michigan, Ohio, the entire Midwest, the south, east coast, and LA! You wannabes.

4. Skeptical says:

Range hasn’t been around THAT long (<7 years) and was one of the first signs that Valencia was going to undergo a 2nd round of gentrification (the phase involving yuppies that occurs after broke artists and students settle in). I hated on it then and I hate on it still.

5. Homepage says:

Compaq International is committed to provide the highest quality power cable accessories. The company with it’s ShrinkFit trademark stands leader in India and overseas market.—

6. Lush Five says:

That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.Lush Five

7. I might alternatively shift here by Santa Rosa when compared with many location such as Fremont! As well as Michigan, Kansas, the full Midwest, the actual southerly, eastern coastline, and CHICAGO! People wannabes.