If you want to skip my noise and check it out, go ahead: Uptown Almanac.
Dunno what to say, really. I love San Francisco, I love the Mission District, but for some reason, I am hella burned out writing about the daily happenings in the Mission and most of my posts these days just kinda suck. My world is bigger than the Mission. San Francisco is bigger than the Mission. The Mission is bigger than the Mission. But people come to this blog for a reason and I have to recognize that.
So, Uptown Almanac is an attempt to chronicle everything that makes the Bay Area the best goddamn place in the States and the general debachery that goes along with the 20-something culture, written by some of the lousiest voices in SF.
From our about page:
The blog is made up of a few pendejos (who mostly live in the Mission but whatever):
- Bailey Genine: Lived in a broke-ass Tahoe house for three years. Watched a toilet bowl freeze in her house and has puked off of ski-lifts. ’nuff said. Tumblr + Twitter.
- Brizz: The mind behind The Tens. He also spends too much time in L.A.
- Jim Chaney: Author of a generally decent tumbleblog and twitter account. Hails from the alright state of Ohio.
- Kate Horton: Enjoys Urkel-Os cereal. If that isn’t enough qualification, I don’t know what is. Twitter + Tumblr.
- Kevin Montgomery: Some guy that used to write most of the entries for Mission Mission in late 2009. He thinks he’s funny, but he’s not. Twitter + Tumblr.
- Laura Beck: This girl writes for so many publications that there is no way in hell you’d have the attention span to read about them all. Most notably, she’s the lead for Vegansaurus!, which is basically a Grocery Eats for white people. Twitter.
- Serg: He’s been writing Beer and Rap before most of us lived in the Mission District. He also writes Grocery Eats, which is basically a vegansaurus! for meat-eaters/people who hate white-people’s cooking. Twitter.
Anyways, Kat, Vic and Ariel will be taking it from here. Don’t worry, it’s going to be awesome. Maybe I’ll stop by from time to time if I see something Mission-related that doesn’t belong on Uptown. Who knows. PEACE.
Uptown Almanac | RSS Feed